The double uni knot, from braid to fluorocarbon, is a great way to attach a braided main line to a fluorocarbon leader. This knot is thought to be one of the strongest fishing knots, and is commonly used by Steve Rodger when targeting Yellow Tail snappers in the Florida Keys. It is very simple and quick to tie, but is most importantly, very strong when tied properly.
In the video below, you can see Steve tie this knot quickly, and efficiently out on the water.
- Overlap the ends of the fluorocarbon and braided line by around 6 inches.
- Make a loop with the fluorocarbon line, around both lines, making 5 turns around the two lines.
- Feed the tag end through the loop and pull it snug around the standing line.
- Repeat steps 1-3 in the same order with the braided line, but make this time make 8 turns.
- Moisten the lightly tightened knots and then pull the opposing standing lines in opposite directions, sliding the two knots together.
- Trim the tag ends as close to the knots as possible.
For more graphics and instructions on how to tie this knot, please visit Seaguar.com
Yeti keeps stepping up their game. Here is the new Yeti Loadout Bucket. The strongest bucket ever
Each of the fish we fish for have ways that they can be held safely. There are very few fish that we catch that do not have dangerous parts. Teeth, sharp fins, bills or gill rakers can all cause damage to your hands while other fish just react wildly to being held.
As a Captain or an avid fisherman, it is important to know how to handle each fish to get it in the Yeti or to release it safely and unharmed.
S10:E11 - “Bimini Race Against The Shark” (2018)
Steve and Scott invite Kyle Shea to fish with them to try to land Tuna fast and beat the sharks.
S10:E10 - “Bimini Yellowfin” (2018)
Scott and Steve travel to Resorts World Bimini and find the Tuna
S10:E8 - “Memory Rock Bahamas” (2018)
Scott and Steve fish West End, Bahamas with Mike Schmidt. Lots of variety with reef fish!
S10:E7 - “Blue Marlin Cove” (2018)
Scott Walker and Steve Rodger travel to West End, Bahamas to visit Blue Marlin Cove Resort
S10:E5 - “Tuna At Hawks Cay” (2018)
Captain Steve and Captain Scott head out from Hawks Cay to the famed "Hump" for Blackfin Tuna
S10:E5 - “Happy Birthday To Me!” (2018)
Steve & Scott leave from Hawks Cay and on the last drop Scott gets a special fish for his birthday
S10:E4 - “Hawks Cay Swordfish & Mahi” (2018)
Capt. Scott & Capt. Steve head out from Hawks Cay in rough seas ahead but still find satisfaction.
S10:E3 - “Trick Or Treat” (2018)
Capt Scott and Capt Steve head out on a windy day in Key West to catch Sailfish & Blackfin