Enchilado de Langosta
An out of the box Cuban recipe that is perfectly complemented by white rice and pan tostada. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium ripe Roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large pan, melt the butter with the oil on medium heat. Add the green pepper, onion, and celery and sauté until the onion and celery are tender.
- Add the garlic and fry an additional minute or two. Add the tomatoes, cumin, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Add 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters to the sauce and cook till shells turn pinkish and bright in color.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and serve over rice.
Have your own recipe you'd like to share with us? Send it on over by submitting the form below.
With parties during the holidays, the best appetizer you can do is a smoked fish dip. We love this Smoked Kingfish dip. We will cut it up into large chunks about the size of your hand so that they cook evenly and you smoke them skin down. Personally I like to marinate mine with lots of spice, pepper and teriyaki and brown sugar.
S11:E8 - “Monster Mangroves in Key West” (2019)
Join Capt Scott Walker and Capt Steve Rodger as they fish the Keys for monster mangroves.
S11:E7 - “Skyrocketing Kingfish” (2019)
Join Scott Walker and Steve Rodger as they bring us the exceitment of the Skyrocketing Kingfish.
I like to take an average like 20 pound tuna and cut the loin into thirds. Then you have to get all the red meat off of it, which you do anyway to eat it. I like to get them about 4 inches long and about 2 stacks of that will fill a jar. I like them to be about a celery stalk.
S11:E6 - “Tuna Magic Hour” (2019)
Capt Scott Walker and Capt Steve Rodger take us to the Magic hour of tuna in Key west.
S11:E5 - “Dolphin & A Sword” (2019)
Scott & Steve share why, when it comes to dolphin & swordfish, you have to be ready for both.
I get asked all the time what my favorite line is to fish with. Braid line is a thing of the future, but Power Pro have used the Spectra HT technology and made Maxcuatro. This line is 25% thinner diameter - what this allows us to do is use the thinner diameter for a smaller reel.