The Cheesiest of Mac and Lobster Cheeses
- 1 & ½ pounds of cooked Florida lobster – cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (6 tablespoons for mixture, 2 for the breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of Gruyere cheese (4 cups)
- 8 ounces of extra-sharp cheddar (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, boil water. Add a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Then, in a saucepan on low heat, warm the milk.
- In another large pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk until it thickens.
- While continuing to whisk, add milk a cup at a time.
- Move the sauce off the heat and add all the cheeses, 1 tablespoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Place the cooked macaroni and lobster in the cheesy sauce and stir. Then pour into large casserole dish.
- Coat top of mac and cheese with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and topping slightly browned on top.
Competition Memphis Ribs:
Trim Competition square
Slather with mustard
The 4th Of July is a great time to have a hearty meal with friends and family and enjoy a firework show. One of my favorite things to do is cook steak on the 4th of July. Below is a recipe for Reverse Sear Steak and it has been shown by my friends and family to be a favorite meal!
This is a super easy party dish and works phenomenally with my Big Green Egg grill, your 4th of July party guests will love these so be sure to make a lot of them! The Lemon Pepper Smoked Wings can be made by taking 24 fresh wings and cut them into 2 pieces. To season, cover the wings in lemon pepper and smoke the wings at 250 degrees for 2 hours. Then coat the wings in BBQ sauce and turn up heat to 375 until the BBQ sauce caramelizes.
The Mercury Active Trim is a GPS, speed based, automatic engine trim system. This responds to the weather around you responding to the weather conditions around you and fuel economy. Now the engine will set the trim for you so you no longer have to. I know many guys who don’t even use their trim because they don’t want to deal with it. The trim is super important for leveling the boat off and saving on fuel - that is why this invention is so awesome.
The newest edition to the Scales gear family is the Fisherman Board Shorts, made my fisherman for fisherman. One of my favorite features is the padded waste band - when we are fishing all day long with spinning tackle, fighting the fish is just the beginning. Then you have to fight the pain of when it hits you in the hip. Scales built protection right in for that exact situation. There is also a built in plier pocket with polyester so the pliers don’t get jammed up - aside from that they are extremely comfortable. Check them out!
S11:E12 - “Dolphin Show” (2019)
Capt Steve Rodger and Capt Scott Walker find the treasure of Mahi in the Florida Keys.
S11:E11 - “Tuna On A Sub” (2019)
Tuna congregate over a wrecked submarine and Captains Steve and Scott bring them to the surface.
S11:E10 - “Sandbar Sharks” (2019)
An overabundance of sharks makes life more difficult for Capt. Scott Walker & Capt. Steve Rodger.
S11:E9 - “Bottom Fishing KW Mutton Snappers” (2019)
Capt. Steve Roger and Capt. Scott Walker head west of Key West to fish for giant Mutton Snapper.