The Cheesiest of Mac and Lobster Cheeses
- 1 & ½ pounds of cooked Florida lobster – cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (6 tablespoons for mixture, 2 for the breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of Gruyere cheese (4 cups)
- 8 ounces of extra-sharp cheddar (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, boil water. Add a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Then, in a saucepan on low heat, warm the milk.
- In another large pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk until it thickens.
- While continuing to whisk, add milk a cup at a time.
- Move the sauce off the heat and add all the cheeses, 1 tablespoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Place the cooked macaroni and lobster in the cheesy sauce and stir. Then pour into large casserole dish.
- Coat top of mac and cheese with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and topping slightly browned on top.
With parties during the holidays, the best appetizer you can do is a smoked fish dip. We love this Smoked Kingfish dip. We will cut it up into large chunks about the size of your hand so that they cook evenly and you smoke them skin down. Personally I like to marinate mine with lots of spice, pepper and teriyaki and brown sugar.
S11:E8 - “Monster Mangroves in Key West” (2019)
Join Capt Scott Walker and Capt Steve Rodger as they fish the Keys for monster mangroves.
S11:E7 - “Skyrocketing Kingfish” (2019)
Join Scott Walker and Steve Rodger as they bring us the exceitment of the Skyrocketing Kingfish.
I like to take an average like 20 pound tuna and cut the loin into thirds. Then you have to get all the red meat off of it, which you do anyway to eat it. I like to get them about 4 inches long and about 2 stacks of that will fill a jar. I like them to be about a celery stalk.
S11:E6 - “Tuna Magic Hour” (2019)
Capt Scott Walker and Capt Steve Rodger take us to the Magic hour of tuna in Key west.
S11:E5 - “Dolphin & A Sword” (2019)
Scott & Steve share why, when it comes to dolphin & swordfish, you have to be ready for both.
I get asked all the time what my favorite line is to fish with. Braid line is a thing of the future, but Power Pro have used the Spectra HT technology and made Maxcuatro. This line is 25% thinner diameter - what this allows us to do is use the thinner diameter for a smaller reel.