Bobby Flay's Curried Lobster Rolls
Looking for a way to spice up your standard lobster roll? Curry brings a surprisingly delicious element to this classic, creamy, delicacy on a bun.
Curried Mayo Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Spanish Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 2 cups Mayo
- 2 tbsp. Key Lime Juice
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
Lobster Roll Ingredients:
- 3 cups Grilled Lobster Meat
- 1 large Stalk Celery cut into thick slices
- 1 cup finely diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup finely diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Curried Mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Room temperatureStick unsalted butter
- Boil the Lobsters until shell color turns. Remove from water and split in half. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 4-5 minutes, cut side down until just cooked through. Remove the meat from outer shell and then coarsely chop.
- Heat a medium sized pan over high heat. Heat olive oil and then add onions, garlic and cook until soft.
- Add curry powder, lower the heat to medium and then cook mixture for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & cool to room temperature.
- Combine the curry mixture, mayonnaise and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine the lobster, celery, bell peppers, onion, mayonnaise and cilantro in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Split the rolls and brush with butter. Toast rolls in a pan or grill split-side down, until golden brown, about 30 secs.
- Fill rolls with the lobster salad and dig in!