Check out these amazing recipes to spice up your tails.
1. Twist on Tradition
- 1 or 2 lobster tails (depending on size)
- Garlic Salt
- Rinse and Clean Lobster Tails.
- Butterfly tail using a cutting board and a large knife. Place lobster tail on cutting board, top shell up and slice through the shell from the top to the tail. Do not cut all the way through the bottom shell.
- On medium heat, place the lobster shell side down on your grill.
- Lightly brush meat with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, chives and parsley.
- After around 6 minutes, when the bottom shell begins to turn pink, flip the tail so the meat side is down. Do this for 2 minutes.
- To remove the meat from the shell, place Lobster Tail shell side down on the plate and pull the meat out of the shell with a fork.
2. Bobby Flay's Curried Lobster Rolls
Curried Mayo Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Spanish Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 tbsp. Curry Powder
- 2 cups Mayo
- 2 tbsp. Key Lime Juice
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
Lobster Roll Ingredients:
- 3 cups Grilled Lobster Meat
- 1 large Stalk Celery cut into thick slices
- 1 cup finely diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup finely diced Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Curried Mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped Cilantro
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Room temperatureStick unsalted butter
- Boil the Lobsters until shell color turns. Remove from water and split in half. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 4-5 minutes, cut side down until just cooked through. Remove the meat from outer shell and then coarsely chop.
- Heat a medium sized pan over high heat. Heat olive oil and then add onions, garlic and cook until soft.
- Add curry powder, lower the heat to medium and then cook mixture for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & cool to room temperature.
- Combine the curry mixture, mayonnaise and lime juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine the lobster, celery, bell peppers, onion, mayonnaise and cilantro in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Split the rolls and brush with butter. Toast rolls in a pan or grill split-side down, until golden brown, about 30 secs.
- Fill rolls with the lobster salad and dig in!
3. Old Bay Classic
- 4 Florida lobster tails
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped Fresh Chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped Fresh Basil
- Lemon wedges
- Old Bay seasoning
- Cook lobsters in boiling water seasoned with Old Bay until lobsters are just cooked through. This takes around 11 minutes.
- On a saucepan, melt butter and then add lemon juice and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve lobsters with lemon wedges and warm herb butter.
4. Enchilado de Langosta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium ripe Roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- In a large pan, melt the butter with the oil on medium heat. Add the green pepper, onion, and celery and sauté until the onion and celery are tender.
- Add the garlic and fry an additional minute or two. Add the tomatoes, cumin, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Add 6 lobster tails, shell on, chopped in quarters to the sauce and cook till shells turn pinkish and bright in color.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh cilantro, and serve over rice.
5. The Cheesiest of Mac and Lobster Cheeses
- 1 & ½ pounds of cooked Florida lobster – cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 1 quart of whole milk
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (6 tablespoons for mixture, 2 for the breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces of Gruyere cheese (4 cups)
- 8 ounces of extra-sharp cheddar (2 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pot, boil water. Add a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of oil. When the water comes to a boil, add the pasta.
- Then, in a saucepan on low heat, warm the milk.
- In another large pan, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk until it thickens.
- While continuing to whisk, add milk a cup at a time.
- Move the sauce off the heat and add all the cheeses, 1 tablespoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of pepper, and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Place the cooked macaroni and lobster in the cheesy sauce and stir. Then pour into large casserole dish.
- Coat top of mac and cheese with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and topping slightly browned on top.